Thursday, November 27, 2008

My Experiences in Life...

Note: These are glimpses  of some experiences in my life. It might not be much attractive to read, but it is the facts .

     LOST THE FIRST DEBATE IN A MANAGERIAL LEVEL


                                                             26th Nov my first debate at a managerial level. The topic was Technology was boon or bane, The competition was held by 2:30 pm , I never knew abt the topic which am gonna speak until 2 pm. With in 10 min i prepared something.. i was amazed by other people who where carrying big big notes, printed materials etc. I had belief just in myself nothing other than that. My turn came. I spoke for five minutes which was within the alloted time. I got good applause. Some faculties were happy of my speech.. my last sentences of the speech, " We have heard Great statement from great person , Agriculture is the back bone of the country, Now let hear a simple statement from a simple person, Technology is the backbone of the world, that simple person is none other than myself.."

But at the end I was rejected , I don know why.. The only reason i heard from the judges is that i never wored Shoes ! (They don't know that i got hurt in leg).but i was rejected. The parameter for selection was Bodylanguage, Communication and Content , (No where its for appearence) . Still I don't know the reason.. Any way a good lesson i learnt.. Its known as luck or good time.. I don't know.. Any way i Don't mind.. Waiting for the next battle.. 


2nd Loss @ another B school Competition :

Again a loss.. this time the debate was on "Will SME's sustain the ecnomic slowdown and will improve..? " I debated for the motion. The most unfotunate thing was, the debate was on team basis, 3 members per team randomly chosen.. unfortunately in my team one person never turned up and the other hardly spoke any thing.. still i fought as a single man army.. even the judge commented that am fighting all alone like Shewag.. But it went invain.. (If the other fellow would'nt have spoken i would spoked for all the three, but.. !) 2nd loss in a row...


3rd Loss @ Bschool Competition

 This time , went to final round, competing with all topnotch b schools.. tried a lot .. topic was on " is bailout a good option or not" - a economic topic again.. was given 30 min..  i tried a lot.. but others were much better... !


4th loss @ my bschool again..

This time it was not a debate, but a SWITCH game, in which i have to speak both for and against the topic in 3 minutes.. with several switches.. the topic was "if earth doesn't revolves"...  missed the winner up by a whisker... 4 consecutive losses in a row.. i dont know how loong it will continue... lets c....



Disclaimer:

Thank You for spending your valuable time and reading my post. Thank you very much.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

the first loss was really pathetic...bt it was nt ur loss it was d loss of judges n audiences dere..n d 2nd 1 was also miserable...
bt dont forget d best example of THOMAS ALVA EDISON...
i believe dat u'll succeed for sure.ALL THE BEST..

Unknown said...

and who knws in dis way we'll get our abraham lincoln in you...

VISHNU INDIAN said...

Hope for the best Ms.Aradhana..

Evrything is in God's hand..